Product Description & Reviews
The McMurdo SmartFind G5 GPS (Manual Bracket) EPIRB offers all the features of the Smartfind E5 but with the addition of a high performance, multi-channel GPS which brings the location accuracy down to typically less than 62m, greatly increasing your chances of rescue in an emergency situation. The battery offers a minimum 48hr operation and a 6 year battery life. It is supplied with a manual release bracket. The SmartFind G5 GPS EPIRB features a comprehensive diagnostic and self-test facility to keep you up to date on remaining battery usage and EPIRB operation. Registering your EPIRB is mandatory in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin. Please note that this EPIRB must be registered in same country as the MMSI registered to your vessel. For US registered vessels, please choose our "Programmed for US" listing. For registration outside the UK, please chose our 'Programmed for Rest of World' listing and advise us of your required country of registration after purchase so we can program the device for you.
Features & Highlights
- SmartFind G5 GPS EPIRB from McMurdo takes the life saving capability of an EPIRB and makes it even more accurate at pinpointing your location. In the event of an emergency activating the EPIRB will use GPS functionality to pinpoint your location to within 62m and transmit to emergency services for up to 48 hours.
- This EPIRB is pre-programmed for registration with the US country code and must be registered to a vessel with a US MMSI number. Whilst it will function anywhere around the world, the initial point of contact during an emergency situation would be the US Search and Rescue authorities with whom the PLB would be registered.
- If you require registration outside of the US, please purchase our alternative listing for 'Programmed for Rest of World'. We include at no charge a reprogramming service on this alternative listing to ensure the device can be registered in the country of your choice. Please be aware that the EPIRB must be registered in the same country as the MMSI registered to the vessel.
- Registering your EPIRB is mandatory in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.
- This EPIRB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search and Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.
|Item Weight:||2 pounds|
|Item Size:||7 x 7 x 7 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.29 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.54 x 6.46 x 6.46 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By ACR Electronics
sku: 44028, mpn: 2897.91, ean: 0066511605288,